Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF



I've had a fairly productive effort on making some of the things on my 'Looks Yummy' Pinterest board.  One recipe comes from Culinary Concoctions by Pea Body for Almond Joy Bread.  I wanted to make a treat for two of my college age children to enjoy on their flights back to school, and they both like almond joys, so I chose this.

Reading through the recipe and looking through the pantry caused me to make a few changes such as using coconut milk {I've had a can in the pantry for a year that I have not touched yet} and leaving out the coconut extract.  Once I started mixing I decided to add more coconut and chocolate chips and omit the almonds {I too love Almond Joys but do not enjoy biting into a nut in the middle of my soft dessert}.  Without the almonds it was no longer Almond Joy, but I rather like the addition of lots of coconut.

The result was quite delicious~ a golden, crunchy outside with a moist and sweet coconutty inside.  I omitted the glaze from the original recipe.  I did make some with the remainder of the coconut milk but decided that I rather liked the crusty bread without the glaze.


Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread
based on recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Pea Body
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 c canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c coconut milk
2 c shredded sweetened coconut
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease 2 loaf pans.
Combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in bowl.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk well.  Alternate adding flour combination and coconut milk, mixing well after each addition.  Fold in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.  Divide batter between two loaf pans.  Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.  Allow loaves to cool in pans before removing.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. The grand kids are going to just gobble this up, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! My children enjoyed this very much.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I am new to baking, so excuse me if this isn't a good question.

    If I cut the ingredients down by half (basically just one loaf worth of ingredients) would I still get the same product, or do I need to change baking times.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Catching my breath. Be back ASAP.